The Town of Bechyne is situated 115 km away from Prague in the picturesque countryside over the river Luznice. In the past it belonged to the oldest administrative centres and included a considerable part of South Bohemia with the residence of the archdeanconry as early as at the beginning of the Middle Ages.
The Bechyne owners coat-of-arms reminds you of the old symbol of South Bohemia - cinquefoil rose, the crest of Petr Vok - the last Rosenberg regent.
The most valuable architectural sights are the castle complex and the late Gothic minster with its magnificent diamond vault. Almost nothing has remained of the original 13th century castle and its parts reconstructed later in neo-Gothic style. Of the interior reconstructions carried out after extensive rebuilding work at the end of the 16th century, only several ground-floor rooms have been preserved; prominent among them is a vaulted hall with a central sandstone pillar in the form of a tree with the branches cut off. The Šternberk star is hewn in the portal of the southern wall.
Still extant is part of the fortifications of the town and the castle, especially the northern and western walls with bastions and gates. Of the southern part of the fortifications, a massive tower - called the Devil´s Tower - still stands, and under it on a rock above the Lužnice river a round tower, called Kohoutek (Little Rooster) or Katovna (The Executioner´s House).
The most extensive reconstruction was carried out at Bechyně Castle under Petr Vok of Rožmberk. In the 1670´s, renovation work was started in the buildings of the old castle, and its new part, the so-called New Castle, was built. North of the castle, a Renaissance chateau was built by the Italian architect Baldassare Maggi. The painting work was done by Gabriel de Blonde, Vilém Jelínek and Bartoloměj Jelínek, the stucco decorations are by Antonio Melana.
In subsequent centuries, the interior of the chateau underwent changes in Empire, Rococo and neo-Gothic styles, and reconstruction of the forecastle was also carried out
You won’t find more romantic place for your wedding day.
| Ceremony type:
Ceremony can be held in different locations:
- Castle Garden or Park
- Hunting Cabinet
- Dining room
- Gothic hall with trees
- Vok’s hall
- Weapons hall
Luxury Romance Package:
- Personal Wedding Planner to manage the whole wedding planning process (to cater for personalized wedding arrangements) with unlimited email correspondence
- Providing of assistance for how and where to request and collect all legal documentation in the country of your origin
- Support with all legal documents collection and verification in Prague (includes court translation and fees)
- Wedding Coordinator to monitor your wedding ceremony (on-site)
- Immigration Police for registration of legal staying in Czech Republic
- Registry office and rental fees
- Delivery of the Bouquet for a Bride and Boutonniere for a Groom to your hotel
- Transfer (basic auto – Mercedes E) to and from wedding ceremony for Bride and Groom
- Ceremony Music
- Ceremony Interpreter as required by law
- Wedding witnesses if necessary
- Toast for Newlyweds after the ceremony (Czech sparkling wine)
- A marriage certificate translated to the appropriate language and mailed to you via post
- Guest service (Accommodation booking, Airport transfer arrangements....etc)
You are welcomed to personalize the basic package with additional services to accomplish your wedding dreams.
||61,000,- CZK inc. VAT
|2,250,- EUR inc. VAT
Please check the daily exchange rate stated by the Czech National Bank.
Price in EUR might vary based on the daily exchange rate.
Price is subject of change without prior notice.
>> Contact Us Now
- Price may vary for each nationality; please request for more details.
- An additional cost is imposed to manage legal documents processing for divorced and/or widowed couples.