Castle Bečov Nad Teplou
In the 13th century the Lords of Osek founded the castle Bečov nad Teplou (130 km far from Prague) on a cliff over a provincial route for its protection and collecting duties. The castle reached its peak in the late 15th century, when it belonged to the Pluh family of Rabštejn, who were engaged in gold, silver and tin mining.
The Pluh family connected two older parts of the castle and later built a new residential palace in the Renaissance style there. In 1547, Kaspar Pluh headed the uprising of the Estates against Ferdinand I, which failed and he was sentenced to death. The Bečov dominion continued to serve as a pledge for the debts of the Emperor Chamber.
The Thirty Years' War brought an end to tin prosperity and in 1648, the Swedish army damaged the castle and occupied it. The most valuable preserved part of the castle is the Chapel of the Visitation of Our Lady from the year 1400 with original frescoes depicting 17 Biblical motives.
In the 18th century, on the site of the former fortifications above the castle moat a Baroque chateau with an octagonal tower was built. The tower housed state rooms, a library and fountains. In the 19th century the castle was connected with the chateau into one complex. The interiors were renovated in the Romantic style by architect Josef Zítek. There are valuable collections of paintings and tapestries from the property of Belgian Beaufort-Spontin family, who bought Bečov in 1813.
Bečov offers unique night sightseeing tours and viewing of the reliquary of St. Moor, which was bought by Alfred de Beaufort a rare 12th century for 2,500 francs, had it restored and brought it to Bečov. At the end of World War II the Beauforts, active collaborators with the Nazi regime, left the chateau in a hurry. The reliquary was hidden under the floor of the castle chapel for 40 years. On the year 1985 the reliquary was discovered, surrounded by bottles of wine and cognac.
You can have beautiful wedding in this adorable castle. It can take place in Castle Chapel either civil or religious. Or it can be in one of the best castles’ terraces in the open air. We will prepare your unique day!
| Ceremony type:
||Civil or Religious
Ceremony can be held in different locations:
- Castle Chapel of the St. Peter (50 guests (seated))
- Castle Terrace
Luxury Romance Package:
- Personal Wedding Planner to manage the whole wedding planning process (to cater for personalized wedding arrangements) with unlimited email correspondence
- Providing of assistance for how and where to request and collect all legal documentation in the country of your origin
- Support with all legal documents collection and verification in Prague (includes court translation and fees)
- Wedding Coordinator to monitor your wedding ceremony (on-site)
- Immigration Police for registration of legal staying in Czech Republic
- Registry office and rental fees
- Delivery of the Bouquet for a Bride and Boutonniere for a Groom to your hotel
- Transfer (basic auto – Mercedes E) to and from wedding ceremony for Bride and Groom
- Ceremony Music
- Ceremony Interpreter as required by law
- Wedding witnesses if necessary
- Toast for Newlyweds after the ceremony (Czech sparkling wine)
- A marriage certificate translated to the appropriate language and mailed to you via post
- Guest service (Accommodation booking, Airport transfer arrangements....etc)
You are welcomed to personalize the basic package with additional services to accomplish your wedding dreams.
||53,000,- CZK inc. VAT
|1,950,- EUR inc. VAT
Please check the daily exchange rate stated by the Czech National Bank.
Price in EUR might vary based on the daily exchange rate.
Price is subject of change without prior notice.
>> Contact Us Now
- Price may vary for each nationality; please request for more details.
- An additional cost is imposed to manage legal documents processing for divorced and/or widowed couples.