The Chateau Of Jemniště
The château is found approximately 50 km south of Prague.
In 1720, Frantisek Adam Trauttmansdorff entrusted the renowned Czech architect F. M. Kanka with the construction of a château corresponding to his social status, that of a prominent member of the aristocracy. The château is a typical seat of a nobleman from the height of the Baroque period, decorated by prominent artists such as M. B. Braun, V. V. Reiner and F. A. Scheffler.
In 1868, the Jemniste estate was purchased by Zdenek, Count of Sternberg, and the Sternberg family inhabited the château until 1943. Following the uneasy years of WWII and the ensuing period, the Jemniste château returned to the hands of the Sternberg family in 1995.
Visiting Jemniste you can enjoy the interiors in a period style featuring collections of the Sternberg family, and ends in the St. Joseph Chapel. The historical interiors are available for wedding ceremonies, concerts, gala events, birthday parties and other social occasions.
The château is surrounded by a picturesque English-style park, offering rare species of trees and plants for admiration at the rockery or on the moor, or an occasion for a walk around several ponds with waterfowl.
Jemniste is definitely the best choice for your wedding full of romance.
Weddings at Jemniště are both civil and religious. Civil weddings take place in beautiful decorated wedding halls. Silvia Vezzuto-Průšková, an Italian painter, participated in their decoration. Halls are situated in Sala Terrena (in the vestibule of the château).
Church weddings take place in the Baroque chapel of St. Joseph, where the most beautiful Baroque productions of the chateau can be found - the fresco of the Ascension in the presbytery is by Wenceslas Lawrence Rainer and also Matthias Bernard Braun participated in the decoration of the great altar. From the side altars, St. Teresa of Avila and St. Francis of Assisi will look down on you. J.P.Molitor painted their portraits.
Jemniste is always ready to provide newly married couple with unique services. For example, accommodations in antique apartment with a breakfast to a room. Having a choice to pick up from three opportunities of apartments which are furnished in oriental style (Indian mirrors, aquarelles, draperies, cushions, Moroccan lamps, bed with baldachin, Italian fresco) you will have an illusion of being a real lord and lady.
| Ceremony type:
||Civil or Religious
Ceremony can be held in different locations:
- Sala Terrena
- Baroque chapel of St. Joseph (100 guests (seated))
Luxury Romance Package:
- Personal Wedding Planner to manage the whole wedding planning process (to cater for personalized wedding arrangements) with unlimited email correspondence
- Providing of assistance for how and where to request and collect all legal documentation in the country of your origin
- Support with all legal documents collection and verification in Prague (includes court translation and fees)
- Wedding Coordinator to monitor your wedding ceremony (on-site)
- Immigration Police for registration of legal staying in Czech Republic
- Registry office and rental fees
- Delivery of the Bouquet for a Bride and Boutonniere for a Groom to your hotel
- Transfer (basic auto – Mercedes E) to and from wedding ceremony for Bride and Groom
- Ceremony Music
- Ceremony Interpreter as required by law
- Wedding witnesses if necessary
- Toast for Newlyweds after the ceremony (Czech sparkling wine)
- A marriage certificate translated to the appropriate language and mailed to you via post
- Guest service (Accommodation booking, Airport transfer arrangements....etc)
You are welcomed to personalize the basic package with additional services to accomplish your wedding dreams.
||59,500,- CZK inc. VAT
|2,200,- EUR inc. VAT
Please check the daily exchange rate stated by the Czech National Bank.
Price in EUR might vary based on the daily exchange rate.
Price is subject of change without prior notice.
>> Contact Us Now
- Price may vary for each nationality; please request for more details.
- An additional cost is imposed to manage legal documents processing for divorced and/or widowed couples.